Most Annoying Facebook Status Updates
February 5th 2010 02:43
1. The Quote Dude: Okay, I recognize myself in this. Thatís why itís first. Everyone loves a killer lyric or memorable quote, especially if it has some sort of sentimental meaning to the poster, but reading long drabble of dead people and the chorus of a bad Lady Gaga song doesnít make you look any cooler or smarter. And who am I kiddingÖ all Lady Gaga songs are pretty horrible. Just my opinion.
2. The Popular One: Not so bad on Facebook, but sign onto the disappearing Myspace and this is all you see. Little girls (and guys) who just want attention. You want me to go comment the picture of you in the skimpy cheerleading garb flashing hand signs with your tongue hanging out? Two things: You look like an idiot and you need to get a life.
3. The Model: This kind of ties in with # 2. So youíre somewhat attractive and your mini digital camera loves your face. This doesnít mean you should plaster 841,654 pictures of yourself in your album with puckered lips, hand signs, no shirt, and your new aviators you got off of eBay. Youíre on Facebook. I know you. I see you way too much. If I start having nightmares about the shape of your nose Iím going to shoot myself. Seriously.
4. The Jesus Lover: Donít get me wrong, Iím sincerely happy that you have faith in something, but updating your status with only biblical quotes and ďI love JesusĒ phrases makes you look like a mindless zombie. ďOh no, I broke a nail but itís okay because Jesus has a plan for everything. Go Jesus!Ē
5. The Angry One: Damn it, your best friend hit on your boyfriend again so you decide to finally take action. Let your fingertips fly! Let everyone see how pissed you are with your CAPS, extensive curse words, and racial slurs until everyone sees just how much of a backstabber your ex friend is. Take that you meanie you!
6. The Need You To Know Every Five Minutes One: I couldnít think of a better title for this one. So youíre about to play some Modern Warfare 2 online. Sweet! Maybe Iíll join, but unless youíre actually in a movie where the action never ceases, I donít want to know what youíre doing every five minutes. Walking the dog and taking a bathroom break are some events I relatively donít care about. Now if the dog magically dons a cape and tells you Ďthereís nothing to fearí or a blue alien leaps from the murky depths of the toilet then type away, my friend!
7. The Novelist: Just like # 6 but longer. So youíre going to a huge MMA fight tomorrow. Thatís awesome! But if thatís the only amazingly interesting thing happening, then why must you add everything else? ďOMG going to the mall tomorrow to get a book Iíve never read signed by that Twilight chick! But now Iím sipping a latte, watching Oprah, and wishing that tomorrow would come faster. Txt me!Ē ÖNo I will not text you.
8. The Cryptic One: ďGoing out with a certain guy tonight!í Oh your mysteriousness baffles meÖ even though just an hour earlier you called me and told me everything you were doing tonight with Johnny boy down the street. Including how cute he is, what cologne he wears, and how expensive his shirt is. Have fun tonight with that certain someone at a certain place during a certain time. While youíre at it make sure you wear a certain pair of shoes because itís cold.
9. The One Who Types Black: Dis iz Mizz GíMoney Fabulous Ďere wid dis Ďportant message. I writ3 wid #s. If youíre white you probably canít decipher the intricate codes typed by these people. The only reason you might be able to read the first part of this is because Iím white and I didnít do it right. Everyone has at least one of these people. Donít lie. Iím a writerÖ reading that junk makes my brain spin.
10. The Depressed One: Everyone has bad days and everyone loves getting some sympathy from a caring friend, but most people donít care THAT much. Especially if all of your updates are depressing. So your boyfriend canceled on you, your cable screwed up just seconds before the new episode of ĎIím a Rich Bitch On Drugs Pt.1,í and you have cramps. It happens. Iím sorry, but get over it.
11: The One Who Will Never Find Love: This one is last because this is the one that irritates me the most. So your girlfriend dumped you after two weeks and now youíre truly convinced that you will never find love. You rant about how much life sucks, how you want to die, how much love you gave that special girl during those everlasting two weeks, how all girls MUST be the same, and how much you fail because youíre such a nice guy. I just puked. Now because of youíre status I will officially become # 10. ďTears bleed down my cheeks as my heart breaks.Ē
subscribe to this blog